electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » G2 Patches - Experimental
Rob&Rol NM Tips&Tricks patches for the G2
Page 2 of 2 [42 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2
monokit

G2 patch files: 8

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 6:43 am    Post subject: Workshops G2 version Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I just took the NM1 workshops from Wout's classic archive, and added Seb's G2 versions of the patches, and edited the HTML files to refer to the new G2 patches. I also removed all NM1 patch files from the workshops.

So when reading the workshop lessons, and you click one of the pics, the G2 editor is opened, and not the old NM1 editor. Smile

The pics are still the old NM1 pics, mind you.

And some of the links from the workshop will probably be broken, since not all of the NM1 .pch files have new .pch2 substitutes, but maybe these files were not referred to from the lessons. It's still early, I just completed the merge.

Anyone interested? It's a healthy 36MB zip file (ugh), and I don't have the space to host it.

Many thanks to Rob, Roland, Wout and Seb to make all this possible!
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Robert, I sent you some PMs about this.
blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just to give some feedback on this.

I got Roberts's material and Sebber's patches on my computer. I noticed that there has been done a tremendous amount of work, but also quite some links are not working.

I'm trying to find a way now to make this as presentable as possible, but this will take more time than anticipated. I might even have to drop my quality requierments a bit :-)

I'll keep you posted.

Roland Kuit

Audio files: 8
G2 patch files: 127

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi Sebber,
Jan Punter attended me to this thread. Great work, i agree with Rob. It saves me a lot of work. I can put up Programming House part 2 if you want.(for NM). Part 3 is in the making(G2), because of new trigger possibility's.
sebber

Audio files: 3
G2 patch files: 33

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey, I didn't know something's going on here.
Thanks for the kind words, but be warned: I never had a NM and I'm a beginner. So please check the patches and don't take them for granted, there are errors.
Rob

G2 patch files: 109

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 7:01 am    Post subject: Re: Workshops G2 version Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

robert wrote:
I just took the NM1 workshops from Wout's classic archive, and added Seb's G2 versions of the patches, and edited the HTML files to refer to the new G2 patches. I also removed all NM1 patch files from the workshops.

So when reading the workshop lessons, and you click one of the pics, the G2 editor is opened, and not the old NM1 editor. Smile

The pics are still the old NM1 pics, mind you.

And some of the links from the workshop will probably be broken, since not all of the NM1 .pch files have new .pch2 substitutes, but maybe these files were not referred to from the lessons. It's still early, I just completed the merge.

Anyone interested? It's a healthy 36MB zip file (ugh), and I don't have the space to host it.

Many thanks to Rob, Roland, Wout and Seb to make all this possible!

Sorry to spoil the fun a bit, but I do not agree on the removal of the NM1 patches! The texts (well, my texts) are specifically written for the NM1. I do not mind if you add G2 versions of the patches, but not replace them. I only agree on the addition of G2 patch screenshots and a hotlink to a G2 patch, plus you put your name in the caption under the screenshot in a way like: "original patch converted to G2 by xxx".

I have rightful ownership to the texts I wrote, together with the NM1 patches. But as long as you stick to these requirements you won't hear from me.

/Rob
sebber

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't know really know what's going on, but I completely agree with Rob. The text often wouldn't fit the G2 at all, they're very NM specific. This is why I always say: where's a book for the G2, the old NM texts are great, but it's a pretty different instrument.
Roland Kuit

Audio files: 8
G2 patch files: 127

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I rewrote the txt files for G2.
monokit

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 11:39 am    Post subject: Re: Workshops G2 version Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Rob wrote:

Sorry to spoil the fun a bit, but I do not agree on the removal of the NM1 patches! The texts (well, my texts) are specifically written for the NM1. I do not mind if you add G2 versions of the patches, but not replace them. I only agree on the addition of G2 patch screenshots and a hotlink to a G2 patch, plus you put your name in the caption under the screenshot in a way like: "original patch converted to G2 by xxx".

I have rightful ownership to the texts I wrote, together with the NM1 patches. But as long as you stick to these requirements you won't hear from me.

/Rob

Whoa! Sorry Rob!

This was just an attempt to start a conversion of the workshops to G2 format, which was so close, since Sebber did all that hard work on converting the NM1 patches. I naively thought I was helping you guys... Sad

But I respect your copyright of course, I fully see your point.

And since I don't feel like adding G2 screenshots with links to the G2 patches, as you requested (I don't have the time) I suggest we simply do not post the converted version. Jan (Blue Hell) asked me for a copy, and AFAIK he hasn't posted it yet on the electro site.

Sorry again.
Robert
monokit

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sebber wrote:
I don't know really know what's going on, but I completely agree with Rob. The text often wouldn't fit the G2 at all, they're very NM specific. This is why I always say: where's a book for the G2, the old NM texts are great, but it's a pretty different instrument.

I just saw it as a work in progress, and hoped Rob & Roland would pick it up at some point and do some text and patch adjustments. After that, someone else could replace all the NM1 screenshots with G2 shots, because we know the patches were okay'd by the authors.

I still think it's a good idea, maybe I should have been more clear about it. And I shouldn't have gutted the original workshops of course without asking first. My bad.
blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

robert wrote:

I just saw it as a work in progress,

Thats what I thought as well and thought Rob and Roland had agreed to. I stopped working on it.

Jan.

sebber

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Roland rewrote his text for the G2? Then why don't you guys do the transformation with Roland's workshops? But, and I'll repeat till I dye (my hair): don't take the patches for granted. This is the reason I haven't posted them as pch2s, but as zips. I didn't want them to be included as they are in the archive.
blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Blue Hell wrote:
I stopped working on it..

sebber

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And here's how the wonderful g2ools managed to convert the patches.

RRconvertedbyG2ool.zip
 Description:
The patches from the NM workshop by Rob and Roland converted with the G2ool-converter

Download
 Filename:  RRconvertedbyG2ool.zip
 Filesize:  308.48 KB
 Downloaded:  571 Time(s)

sebber

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And while I'm at it and since it's so much fun to see a computer actually work for me instead of me working for a new laptop Laughing :

here are the converted patches of James Clark's Advanced Programming techniques, with patches by - you know who you are.

I uploaded those two zip-files to the list because they might not be included in the converted patch list.

Clark.zip
 Description:
Advanced synth programming by J.Clark for the G2

Download
 Filename:  Clark.zip
 Filesize:  404.89 KB
 Downloaded:  608 Time(s)

JennoJackson

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Could somebody repost the clark.zip file. The link above is dead. Thanks Jens
sebber

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Unfortunately I don't have them anymore.
Page 2 of 2 [42 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » G2 Patches - Experimental
Jump to: