electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » electro-music.com » Streaming Radio Station
NYE 2019/2020 live streaming event
Page 2 of 2 [48 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2
Parityflux

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:13 am    Post subject: Re: test port Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Blue Hell wrote:
Parityflux wrote:
Hi. I read the streaming wiki over a few times and I am still unsure what port to test on. I'm using Edcast which is a shoutcast streamer so I think I'd be on the sc_serv model.
-j

Hi, saw you were in chat .. but at a time people there were sleeping.

Port assignment and schedule is in the wiki at :: http://electro-music.com/wiki/pmwiki.php?n=Radio.NextSpecialEvent

and your connect info is :: 8134 public 3 with username public and password public .

When no one is available to listen you can test your own stream if you want by going to :: http://electro-music.com/~janpunter/play.php?port=8134 make sure you are streaming at mp3 44100 stereo with a stream rate of 128 kbps.

When edcast is not working properly you can try BUTT :: https://danielnoethen.de/butt/

Awesome, thanks for all you do, Jan.
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:47 am    Post subject: Re: test port Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Parityflux wrote:
Awesome, thanks for all you do, Jan.

Thanks, but it's really PHOBoS who's doing all the work and not forgetting to start it up and the posters and the scheduling and most of the witching, I just help a lil here & there.

So, thank you PHOBoS for organizing this again and again Cool

djfoxyfox
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 5
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:59 am    Post subject: Re: test port Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Blue Hell wrote:
...and most of the witching, ...
"Witching; The practice of witchcraft."
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke

Wink

--|_)| -----|-----()---------------------
-----------()----soundscapes.us/bill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

heh .. I had meant an extra s there.
Parityflux

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Blue Hell wrote:
heh .. I had meant an extra s there.

Witching works ... prolly 'cause that's what it really is.

Thanks PHOBoS!!!
PHOBoS

Audio files: 705

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hmm I feel more like a wizard/sorcerer than a witch (or warlock in my case)
but I guess there isn't much of a difference between them and they all deal
with occult magick.

dwarf

anyway:
Don't forget to test your stream if you haven't already!

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Parityflux

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

PHOBoS wrote:
.... and they all deal
with occult magick.

dwarf

which of course is bad-ass
Parityflux

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:11 pm    Post subject: concert setup Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Parityflux & DNAZ

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.
blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Happy New Year to all.

The recording of my set.

Everything tempo in multiples of 1.1Hz, everything tuned is in Yo Yo tuning .. which is Carlos Beta with note quantization to set to Yo.

Edit: I've posted the Wren patches I've used at :: http://electro-music.com/forum/post-442996.html#442996

2019-12-31--Blue Hell--tempus nullius.mp3
 Description:
Blue Hell - tempus nullius (NYE 2019-2020 live set)

Download
 Filename:  2019-12-31--Blue Hell--tempus nullius.mp3
 Filesize:  55.89 MB
 Downloaded:  839 Time(s)

Last edited by blue hell on Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
AlanP

Audio files: 41

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Did a lot of controlling with the yellow touch sensors.

2019-01-01.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  302.83 KB
 Viewed:  388 Time(s)
This image has been reduced to fit the page. Click on it to enlarge.

2019-01-01.JPG

2019-01-01 NYE.mp3
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  2019-01-01 NYE.mp3
 Filesize:  27.77 MB
 Downloaded:  764 Time(s)

EscapeVelocity

Audio files: 17

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here is my set from today. Had a wonderful time playing live today! Thanks to all for setting this up. I look forward to it when I can participate.

Escape Velocity - Live 12-31-2019.mp3
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Escape Velocity - Live 12-31-2019.mp3
 Filesize:  31.42 MB
 Downloaded:  743 Time(s)

RingMad

Audio files: 4

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here is my set, which was a minimal, hopefully hypnotic exploration of patterns of 15 different notes (and silence) using three 4-bit shift registers, some CMOS logic and DCOs. Not pure Lunetta, I take the 4 bits of a shift register in parallel and put them into an Arduino, which produces a corresponding square wave of a chosen note (in just intonation), and then run through a stepped triangle wave generator (using yet more 4015's).

Two shift registers were hard-panned L and R and logically related, and I tweaked the clock and data oscillators. Then there was a third one in the center which I would intervene even more with. Mostly its clock and data were unrelated to the others, but sometimes it used the same clock through a divide by 2,3 or 4.

The ending didn't come out quite as nicely as I would have liked, but that is the nature of improvisation.

Thanks again to everyone for playing, organizing, and listening.

.: james :.

James 20191231 live on electro-music setup 1024.jpg
 Description:
Setup including the HIL 0010001100101000 Lunetta, Arduino/CMOS DCOs and some snowy cars outside the window.
 Filesize:  340.18 KB
 Viewed:  269 Time(s)

James 20191231 live on electro-music setup 1024.jpg

James Schidlowsky - 20191231 Live on Electro-Music (128).mp3
 Description:
James Schidlowsky A.K.A. RingMad - New Year's Eve set, 2019.12.31

Download
 Filename:  James Schidlowsky - 20191231 Live on Electro-Music (128).mp3
 Filesize:  27.76 MB
 Downloaded:  753 Time(s)

blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

RingMad wrote:
Here is my set

Oh ... that looks bad indeed would it fall Shocked

Anyway, it turned out nicely - I enjoyed your hypnotics.

robsol
Stream Operator

Audio files: 495

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I enjoyed your set too James, it was very hypnotic, and only one of two sets I got to hear live. I think the end worked out well - not knowing what you had in mind. I hope you play on more events.
shanemorris
Stream Operator

Audio files: 92

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks to all the stream ops and performers for a fantastic day. Extra thanks for the artists sharing their sets here. HNY!
PHOBoS

Audio files: 705

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:04 pm    Post subject: PHOBoS - Intermission to now, here!
Subject description: NYE2019 improvisation
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Les didn't show up so I turned on my synths and played with whatever was still patched up.

Thanks to everyone who made this event possible.
Happy New Year!

Intermission to now, here! - Cover Art.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.2 MB
 Viewed:  228 Time(s)

Intermission to now, here! - Cover Art.jpg

PHOBoS - Intermission to now, here! (NYE2019 LIVE).mp3
 Description:
PHOBoS - Intermission to now, here! (NYE2019 LIVE)

Download
 Filename:  PHOBoS - Intermission to now, here! (NYE2019 LIVE).mp3
 Filesize:  26.96 MB
 Downloaded:  549 Time(s)

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Acoustic Interloper

Audio files: 89

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:28 pm    Post subject:
Subject description: Acoustic Interloper set
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here is my set and a picture of the rig. The upper monitor shows the server half of a client/server visual musical instrument that my students & I started building in the fall. The client runs on Android tablet & sends MIDI data via OSC to the server, which the server converts to animated graphics for the planetarium, and conventional MIDI that it sends to soft synths running under Live. I recorded MIDI loops from this Android -> Processing UI for soft synths used as backing tracks. The longest backing track is a library Max/MSP "Drifting Ambient Pad" for more than half the piece, with an Applied Acoustic Systems, physical-modeling (AAS) Tassman flute that I use a lot taking its place during my Ebowing, and an AAS StringStudio cello later, while I was changing the guitar tuning.

The guitar is a Godin xtsa with synth + conventional pickups, the former feeding signal to a Roland GR33 guitar synth. I used the guitar + GR33 "Strobe Mode" patch for the initial guitar work and some later ebow, GR33 "Guitarron base" for the "Linda" segment, and GR33 "Perc Kit" along with AAS-Chromophone-Wood Perc, driven from the guitar/GR33 via MIDI cable, for the percussive section at the end, mostly playing harmonics and damped strings using banjo picking patterns. My 1971-72 banjo teacher and I play together when we collide; he played the planetarium 3 years ago, and agreed that my playing style is a lot like drums. Each string is a tuned drum, and I play rhythm patterns with my right hand's fingers. Mosc once told me that my synth music sounds like my banjo playing.

Oh, also two no-input mixers, a Yamaha MG124cx and a Galaxy Audio AXS-10 (the red one) during the first five minutes, live duet with the first backing track. I had never got such deep base out of the Yamaha in over 5 years of playing it. A little clipping during that part, also when I overdrove the guitar signal in a few places, but of course it's impossible to adjust levels when your hands are on the instrument. Picking more softly helps on guitars & banjos.

Thanks so much to PHOBoS for setting it all up again, to Jan and the stream operators, and to everyone who played and listened. Besides teaching university I am doing a lot of generative visual art these days, and don't get enough time to play music during semesters. I fell back in love with this Godin guitar, prepping for this event. thanks

NYE20192020Parson.jpg
 Description:
my rig
 Filesize:  4.61 MB
 Viewed:  222 Time(s)

NYE20192020Parson.jpg

ParsonNYE20192020_WinterIsHereLinda.mp3
 Description:
Winter is Here / Linda, Copyright 2020, Dale E. Parson, Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0), copy with attribution.

Download
 Filename:  ParsonNYE20192020_WinterIsHereLinda.mp3
 Filesize:  42.57 MB
 Downloaded:  544 Time(s)

Skrog Productions

Audio files: 155

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi all Smile
many thanks to phobos and the switching team for setting up the NYE concert and thanks to all performers and all who listened in on the day .

Here is the Epicyclus set , i had some computer problems at the start of my set so i edited a fade in for the upload Smile

using the usual gear RM1X controlling the blue modular / waldorf pulse 1 / nord G1 / korg X5 / juno-60 / Jackson axe (guitar) with diy chainsaw distortions box & a spread of cheap n cheerful chorus & delay fx pedals on.

thanks again for listening

Dave

Epicyclus NYE 2019 into 2020.mp3
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Epicyclus NYE 2019 into 2020.mp3
 Filesize:  27.68 MB
 Downloaded:  535 Time(s)

mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 212
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, we enjoyed this years NYE event. Thanks to Phobos for organizing.

This year we had an equipment disaster; a computer crash. This not only crashed the stream but we lost the recording. After we finally got the computer straightened out and we got back on the stream, our playing was not up to snuff, but we played as best as we could.

Last night on Chez Mosc, we recorded a make up set. It's similar to what we were trying to play on the NYE concert. A link to that one follows:

http://electro-music.com/forum/post-443037.html#443037

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
schugo

Audio files: 1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here's the recording of my set:

https://schugo.de/sessions/mp3/2020_01_01_Shugosonic_EMC_NYE.mp3

https://schugo.de/sessions
Parityflux

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:56 am    Post subject: set recording Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello,

Here is our recording of our set. Please accept our apologies for dropping the feed send during the last 15 minutes of the show. We will stream and observe chat on a separate computer next time. I was completely oblivious to the disruption. Fortunately the recording was done on an outboard device and we retained the entire performance.

Thanks again to everyone that participated and for the stream ops for their unending help, work and patience.

Cheers to 2020!
-John

Background Noise and Pure Tones _ A Prayer For Hindsight.mp3
 Description:
Parityflux & DNAZ - Background Noise and Pure Tones _ A Prayer For Hindsight (NYE 2019/2020 Concert)

Download
 Filename:  Background Noise and Pure Tones _ A Prayer For Hindsight.mp3
 Filesize:  76.03 MB
 Downloaded:  635 Time(s)

Parityflux

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mosc wrote:

This year we had an equipment disaster; a computer crash. This not only crashed the stream but we lost the recording. After we finally got the computer straightened out and we got back on the stream, our playing was not up to snuff, but we played as best as we could.

Last night on Chez Mosc, we recorded a make up set. It's similar to what we were trying to play on the NYE concert. A link to that one follows:

Oh, man, it was in the air! Gremlins!

My performance DAW crashed and I recovered while DNAZ was able to keep playing, alas I didn't realize the stream dropped. The recording was intact. Our playing got way off track and we tended to not listen to each other. That's how it goes, and that's how it went. We left our setup intact and recorded again a few days later. We hope to compile a recording of the best of the two days.
modulator_esp
Stream Operator

Audio files: 276
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here’s my set on bandcamp:
https://modulator-esp.bandcamp.com/album/time-shock

Page 2 of 2 [48 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » electro-music.com » Streaming Radio Station
Jump to: