electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
Something totaly unwaited...
Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Axiom

Audio files: 4
G2 patch files: 28

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 3:34 pm    Post subject: Something totaly unwaited... Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This afternoon i've been took a look to my g2 patches in order to delete useless patches made by me and make some order.. but something totally unwaited has happened... when i've loaded the patch I use to control my DIY Whacky box, i've noticed an hiss... in this patch I use a cable to In1.. but now the goose mic are attached and its knob turned fully down.. but there are a hiss.. so, i've slowly turned up the knob and: FEEDBACK MADNESS!!!

The amp section i've built for amplify the weak Whacky signal is so powerful that every little sound in my room becomes a feedback of some kind. All sounds are transposed three octaves down at least. A new kind of sound i've never got before... so i've started to record everything.. 20 minutes of feedback noises and improvisation. i've used everything to make new responses from this patch.. a touch on the mouse becomes a "pop", snapping fingers becomes an high resonance feedback, light on the ligher while moving it far from the mic becomes a sweep... a darabuka mades other noises and so on....

After recording that, i've casually found that a Sequencer preset from Dasz fits perfectly with this noise track... so i've made another track with it. Now i've recorded other noises from my guitar using its floyd stick as a string's bow (a la Steve Vai) Very Happy It sounds so cool.

Tomorrow I'll do a mix and I will post it and the patch I've used.. test it Smile results can be unpredictable.

Luca

greaseenvelope

G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sounds cool. What is this custom box you are controlling, some kind of homemade synth or ? Are you using the g2 as a midi controller? Post a clip.
I've found that the gooseneck mic causes the g2 itself to act as a resonant chamber, and even when the audio wasn't engaged I've found noise patches where I can use the external imput as a FM modulator, and thus make little taps on the surface of the synth or the table its resting on and get all kinds of new sounds. Crazy bass from the sound of a computer chair rolling on the floor next to it etc. One of my bands is going to record a drum track of our drummer playing a small upturned plastic bucket on the floor behind the G2 with mallets through a dirty sounding ping pong delay. It sounds really amazing.
Kassen
Janitor
Janitor

G2 patch files: 3

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I just wanted to drop in and say I like posts like's Axiom's here. Good stuff.
dasz

Audio files: 29
G2 patch files: 56

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sounds like a trippy patch, I like feedback

Quote:
After recording that, i've casually found that a Sequencer preset from Dasz fits perfectly with this noise track... so i've made another track with it. Now i've recorded other noises from my guitar using its floyd stick as a string's bow (a la Steve Vai) Very Happy It sounds so cool.

Post the maddness as a prf2 (inlcuding the modified sequencer patch), that would be cool ...
/Dasz
Axiom

Audio files: 4
G2 patch files: 28

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dasz i'm been misunderstood Razz I've recorded your patch as is without any mod. Here are the first draft mix:

Download MP3 Now (14Mb VBR)

And, now, the whacky patch Smile

Luca

Whacky.pch2
 Description:
Turn the goose mic knob clockwise, but slowly. Be careful or you will damage both your ears and equipment :)

Download
 Filename:  Whacky.pch2
 Filesize:  1.69 KB
 Downloaded:  1284 Time(s)

blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice track, fits well with a first coffee, a first cigaret and the dampy atmosphere of what seems to be a nice and quiet automn day.

There seems to be room in the track for another instrument, well that's what I thought at about 1/3 from the start, but towards the end it seemed complete again in itself.

The sounds remind me somewhat on the sounds my kettle makes after boiling water cooling down again, beautifull and strange.

mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 212
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice track. You and Dasz did a great job. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
dasz

Audio files: 29
G2 patch files: 56

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Axiom,

very nice eerie noise patch ... It reminds me of my radio days where I used to do this live noise show, and "noise day" at the western front in Vancouver. I used to use 6 sources of feedback (no modulars, just mixers, fx units, mikes and speakers)

Too bad DelaySeq_DZ is not modified , I'd love to hear what people can come up with ... but thanks for using it!

I wonder what it would sound like - instead of running a mic into the noise patch, what about running the delayseq sequence patch into it?

Thanks for doing this patch, and for reminding me of some early noise work, maybe I'll start doing stuff like that again ...

/Dasz
Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
Jump to: