electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » electro-music.com » Streaming Radio Station
ELECTRO-MUSIC 2009~STREAMING LIVE FOR 3 DAYS~OCT.29.30.31
Page 2 of 2 [37 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2
Danno Gee Ray

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well said Jem.
laura woodswalker

Audio files: 18

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:03 pm    Post subject: Thanks for a great festival Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah I guess I'll join in on this congratulatory thread & thank all of you, I had a wonderful time. Awesome music, friendly & really Nice folks!! Thank you all for the great conversations. You guys inspired me to get back into some recording with Reason so I can contribute 15 minutes to the stream. Hope you all made it home safe!

Oh...one thing I gotta say, the camp is beautiful but SO hard to find your way around! I knew of a road that would get me out on Sunday... and the gate at the end was locked. I said 'the heck with this' and took the one way road the wrong way. The camp admins need to know not to lock people in.

Laura

NEOREV

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hey guys and girls!
this was my first Electro Music Festival experience and man, oh man, it was a great experience!
got there a little later than anticipated on Friday afternoon due to horrible traffic coming through the Bronx from Long Island.
the venue and surrounding area was quite nice.
all the people involved that made this event happen and run as smoothly as possible deserve a huge round of applause.
it was also great to meet some of folks from the boards in person.
my girlfriend Erin, her brother Dan (aka kid_sputnik from the laptop battle), and their cousin John came out with me as well.
some good stuff from State Machine, Ace Paradise, Klimchak, drachemuzik, Richard Lainhart, Project Ruori.

thanks to all!
-NR-

JEM

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:34 am    Post subject: EM 2009
Subject description: Directions
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I agree with Laura.
JR and I talked about this on the way back home because we ran into that same gate.
We should get with the camp staff about setting up proper signage for next year. Something with big, bold letters would do.
Maybe we can also use reflective markers pointing the way in and out at
night.

Another thing, Cheltenham was very easy to clean up at the end of Electro-Music. Star Lake Camp is way too big to monitor every mess left behind.
If I'm able to stay until the very end next year, I will gladly help out with clean up,..not just out of respect for the Salvation Army, but also to help out those people who forget to take their equipment home. It happens every year.
Greg is really anal about this. Always remember to lable your stuff.
Especially your audio, MIDI and power cables. Sometimes people pack other people's stuff by mistake and don't realize it until they get home.
I know this from personal experience.

JEM
egw
Stream Operator

Audio files: 18
G2 patch files: 8

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Star Lake knows about the problem with the signs. Hopefully they will address it by next year. If not, we'll make our own temporary signs.
bernat

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks very much to all the organizers and participants! Beautiful event. I enjoyed everyone's hard work and I feel very inspired by it all.
rlainhart

Audio files: 3

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

bernat: I believe it was you I was playing with in the opening minutes of the iPhone jam on Saturday? If so, thanks for that. My wife recorded much of it on her iPhone, and I think it turned out very well.

I think I'm going to process that recording a bit and post it here, if you don't mind.

http://www.vimeo.com/rlainhart
http://www.youtube.com/rlainhart
http://soundcloud.com/rlainhart
http://twitter.com/rlainhart
http://www.facebook.com/rlainhart
http://richardlainhart.bandcamp.com/
dubathonic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

We had a great time too -- Greg and everyone on his organizational team made this the best festival I've ever experienced. Lodging, chow, visuals, vibe...you guys are a class act.
Quote:
One more person I forgot to thank is Ace Paradise. While most artists shared their talent, music and time, Ace went one step further and shared his equipment just as he did in 2006.

Wanted to second that...I rolled in later than I expected and he helped me out in ways that made the dubathonic set go far more smoothly. Kudos to you, Ace.
Quote:
What is even more interesting is that to a large degree the funkiness in the room returned last evening. ... Brainstatik usually explores a pretty laid-back space, but last night one of the band members told me that it was the first time he noticed people getting up to dance during their set. It was all improvised, and for some unplanned reason it took a sharp turn into funky, jammy space.

I was working sound while Brainstatic played and they had me on my feet virtually the entire set -- every time I'd sit down to check levels they'd have me up again within two minutes. One of my favorite performances of the festival. Awesome gig, you guys.
-Chad
1undread

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thank You all for making our 1st Electro music festival one to remember. We had an excellent time and where grateful for the extra playing opportunity. Big up all those that organized, did the sound, visuals, lectures, food, radio broadcast ect... I am glad to have been a part of it. Smile
shanemorris
Stream Operator

Audio files: 92

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If you enjoyed the Live streaming from EM09... please keep your ears on in the near future for a our grand 4th annual NYE live streaming concert here at radio.electro-music.com Dec. 31st and Jan. 1st! A truly international multi-genre electronic music festival, NYE always proves to be the best way to spend new years' eve at home!

more info to come very soon in the Streaming Radio Station forum Laughing

EdisonRex
Site Admin

Audio files: 172

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Also keep your ears open for your performances from EM09. I have the majority of them, with some exceptions which we can talk about later (they may still show up). They will not be lumped together - I want to mix the interviews with them along with other station archive content. We're getting close, stay tuned... Smile

Home,My Studio,and another view
Acoustic Interloper

Audio files: 89

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey, Paul, my current grad assistant also just happened to tune in as you were announcing my performance. He enjoyed the interviews very much.
Page 2 of 2 [37 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » electro-music.com » Streaming Radio Station
Jump to: