electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
  host / artist show at your time
today> Modulator ESP Adventures In Sound
 Forum index » electro-music.com » Streaming Radio Station
ELECTRO-MUSIC 2009~STREAMING LIVE FOR 3 DAYS~OCT.29.30.31
Page 1 of 2 [37 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
shanemorris
Stream Operator

Audio files: 92

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:48 am    Post subject:  ELECTRO-MUSIC 2009~STREAMING LIVE FOR 3 DAYS~OCT.29.30.31 Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Calendar Event: October 29, 2009 - October 31, 2009

Alright! The big event is near!

If you haven't yet visited the event site, Please visit electro-music 2009 to view the performers, schedule, and event info.

However..... just a reminder... Laughing

If you cannot attend EM09 in person.... you can certainly tune into to our live streaming broadcast October 29, 30, and 31st and listen to all of the performances in (almost) real time HERE
The chat room will also be open at the festival ... where stream ops, performers, and participants and listeners of the festival, live and virtual, can communicate and interact!

Last edited by shanemorris on Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:24 am; edited 2 times in total
Inventor
Stream Operator

Audio files: 267

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

woohoo! I'm ready to partay!

Is there going to be a way to do The Game Show? I figure I'll do a live game show with folks from the festival gathered around my setup. Just let me know.

Les

shanemorris
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Inventor wrote:
woohoo! I'm ready to partay!

Is there going to be a way to do The Game Show? I figure I'll do a live game show with folks from the festival gathered around my setup. Just let me know.
Les

Les the normally scheduled programs for Friday night will be cancelled Oct. 30th. EM09 will basically broadcast from noon to midnight everyday (or 10am to midnight with drum circles too).

http://event.electro-music.com/Friday.html

Maybe before noon on one of those days...when someone isn't performing...but that might not be quite the same.

fky

Audio files: 23
G2 patch files: 3

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:05 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I can only tune in to join this event... Confused It will be another succesful event! Razz Razz
shanemorris
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

fky wrote:
I can only tune in to join this event... Confused It will be another succesful event! Razz Razz

Hey Kerrry!
Would be great to have you tuned in!!!

RFBB

Audio files: 1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I wish that I could be on hand this year to defend my Laptop Battle title, but alas duties will keep me in Tennessee this year. I hope that this is as successful if not moreso this year for you all. I'll be tuned in and wish you all the best!

M.Peck
www.mpeckmusic.blogspot.com
www.reverbnation.com/echotomb
shanemorris
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

RFBB wrote:
I wish that I could be on hand this year to defend my Laptop Battle title, but alas duties will keep me in Tennessee this year. I hope that this is as successful if not moreso this year for you all. I'll be tuned in and wish you all the best!

Michael ... you and Mark will be sorely missed at this years festival!

You guys will certainly be in our thoughts as we sizzle the electricity throughout the weekend! Laughing

I will be tuned in for the following City Skies event in November ... wish I could be there for that one!

RFBB

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks Shane, I admit it will be "odd" to not be apart of this years event as we've been there since the inception. I'm looking forward to the Kavarna event (have no idea what type of set to play-perhaps beats?) as I finally get to meet Jez and catch his set live and in person. Should be a great time.

M.Peck
destroyifyer

Audio files: 4

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bathing in a myraid of sound waves on this radio station. Frequency, amplitude. This is cool. Electro music festivals have this distinct element of improvisation that set it apart from pre-programmed, entirely rehersed concerts.
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

destroyifyer wrote:
Bathing in a myraid of sound waves on this radio station. Frequency, amplitude. This is cool. Electro music festivals have this distinct element of improvisation that set it apart from pre-programmed, entirely rehersed concerts.

:-)

listened for at least 20 of the 36 hours now, and its great indeed!

RFBB

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:21 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Completely missed Thursday... oops. Caught most of Friday and have enjoyed much of what I've heard as well as catching up with old/new friends in the chat.

M.Peck
destroyifyer

Audio files: 4

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Blue_Hell wrote:
Quote:
...and its great indeed!

I know I loved the sequencer magic that just kind of came out of nowhere right before Brittish Invasion.
robsol
Stream Operator

Audio files: 495

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Big huzza for Paul EdisonRex who has been in charge of the radio and who has done a fantastic job, keeping us who couldn't come to the event updated and making the streaming experience a smooth one! I know it can't be easy doing a three day marathon radio show and still keeping people interested.

I can't thank you enough Paul! Well done and thank you x 1000!!

Very Happy

blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Muied Lumens wrote:
thank you x 1000!!

Very Happy

x 1000 , Herculean job Exclamation and done very well, this was the best festival streaming experience ever, like radio should be!

blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And thanks to all the musicians for the wonderful 36+ hours of music, it was great to listen to, and hard to be not there.
Antimon

Audio files: 371
G2 patch files: 100

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Big compliments to Paul's great job in the control booth, as well as the great music that I caught.

/Stefan

Mohoyoho

Audio files: 8

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I agree. The announcing really was well done, and gave the radio some polish.
www.cdbaby.com/cd/markmahoney
www.cdbaby.com/cd/mmahoneympeck
http://cdbaby.com/cd/mmahoneympeck2
http://www.limitedwave.com/subterraneous/
State Machine
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 24

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Poul,

You are a trooper my man !!! Thanks very very much for manning the booth for so many hours !!! Looks as if you created some very happy fans for folks listening to the event an keeping things interesting.

I was glad to meet you finally !!! Here is to many more years of electro-music radio Cool

Bill

Last edited by State Machine on Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Acoustic Interloper

Audio files: 89

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

destroyifyer wrote:
Blue_Hell wrote:
Quote:
...and its great indeed!

I know I loved the sequencer magic that just kind of came out of nowhere right before British Invasion.

If it was a set the that would have been Delicate Monster in "The B Room." I did my second evening of sound engineering in there Friday night, and starting with Ace Paradise at 10 PM through Delicate Monster and Symmetry ending at 2:30 AM, it was the one the funkiest, rocking-jazz-R&B inflected electro-music evenings that I have been honored to hear. Kudos to Ace for lending his sound system to the room.

What is even more interesting is that to a large degree the funkiness in the room returned last evening. Spinning Plates, Brainstatik and State Machine had people on their feet. Brainstatik usually explores a pretty laid-back space, but last night one of the band members told me that it was the first time he noticed people getting up to dance during their set. It was all improvised, and for some unplanned reason it took a sharp turn into funky, jammy space. Interesting weekend in the old B Room.

I'd also like to add a thank you to Paul for the stream. My wife was listening to the stream and told me how much she liked the interviews. Paul added another whole dimension to the event.

EdisonRex
Site Admin

Audio files: 172

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks everyone for the comments on the streaming. I had an absolute blast doing this, and it's given me a lot of ideas, especially how to make things more interesting. I really enjoyed doing all of the interviews. I do think we can do more of them, I just need to figure out how to do this over the internet. But that might really work anyway.

Home,My Studio,and another view
modulator_esp
Stream Operator

Audio files: 276
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm hoping the interviews and recordings are made available as there was far too much stuff happening to take it all in

and much kudos to Paul for keeping the stream going

ocp

Audio files: 9

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Blue Hell wrote:
And thanks to all the musicians for the wonderful 36+ hours of music, it was great to listen to, and hard to be not there.

Ya Wink

EdisonRex
Site Admin

Audio files: 172

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

modulator_esp wrote:
I'm hoping the interviews and recordings are made available as there was far too much stuff happening to take it all in

and much kudos to Paul for keeping the stream going

The intent is to make everything that I get a release for, available. Now, I have to break apart some humongous files, but I have tools to do that, and will be diligently working on that over the next week or so.

Home,My Studio,and another view
JEM

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:32 pm    Post subject: Electro-Music 2009
Subject description: Reflection
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

First of all, I'd like to thank Howard and Greg for consistently organizing
a fantastic event EVERY YEAR.
It's amazing that, in spite of the current economic crisis, this festival doesn't lose its mystique and grandeur. It's still just as good, if not better, than previous years.
What made this year so great?
For 36 hours, we were all trapped in an exploding chamber of creative energy, isolated from the rest of the world by a peaceful, natural setting that helped us to forget what's going on outside.
It was the closest thing to the real Woodstock !! We even had rain.
The only reason we stood out in it was because Hell's Kitchen flared up inside. I guess Chef Jeff had some creative energy of his own that he didn't know about.
I've got to hand it to the man, he did an outstanding job as always and I hope we can rely on his services for years to come.
His coffee in particular, kept our hair, as well as ourselves, standing up
for hours.
Some people stayed up into the wee hours of the morning talking, exchanging information, ideas and making noise with some of the coolest-looking gadgets I've ever seen and heard.
Some of us managed to sleep and, when we got up, sat together for breakfast and picked up where we left off.
It was so great to see old friends again and make new ones. My voice was hoarse from talking. The extra time for socializing was priceless.
There wasn't enough of that in previous years.
At noon, HOURS later, the music began and WHAT MUSIC IT WAS.
It all began with an energizing drum circle that soon turned electro-acoustic. I never saw Greg's daughter so excited about her dad's music
until I saw her participating.
I'm gratetful to all the artists who attended, old and new alike, for sharing their talent, their music and their time with us.
I look forward to seeing many of you next year as well as anyone who was unable to attend this year or in previuos years.
It HAS to be in the same place. Bloomingdale , New Jersey is better than Cheltenham because of the lodging, the kitchen facilities and the setting.
The dining area in front of the downstairs stage was very intimate and inviting for artist's spouses and their children.
Many thanks to Project Ruori for the equipment that made that stage possible and for videotaping each performance. Steve Mokris did an excellent job with the visuals.
Paul Harriman, John Rivera and all the others who helped with the announcements did a great job humanizing the webstream for the rest of the EM community around the world. This factor alone will expand our audience beyond the festival itself.
If we can draw the attention of former Tangerine Dreamer Steve Jolliffe and former Kraftwerker Karl Bartos, then it's obvious that, in five short years, we have become a force to be reckoned with in this genre.
I'm more proud than ever to be a part of this community and this ART.
Last but not least, I would like to thank Juli Moscovitz for being like a mom to us underprivileged electro-musicians. Howard, you're a lucky, old dog.

JEM
JEM

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:56 pm    Post subject: EM2009
Subject description: Postscript
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

One more person I forgot to thank is Ace Paradise.
While most artists shared their talent, music and time, Ace went one step further and shared his equipment just as he did in 2006.
This kind of generosity doesn't always get the recognition it deserves.
Many thanks to ALL the artists who lent their gear to help make EM a more enjoyable experience.

JEM
Page 1 of 2 [37 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » electro-music.com » Streaming Radio Station
Jump to: