electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » G2 Performances - Experimental
DORn
Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
ian-s

Audio files: 42
G2 patch files: 626

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 2:00 pm    Post subject: DORn Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here are another couple of experiments to share. The first is based on the drifting oscillator discussion here on the list. Slot A contains a fairly standard dual oscillator synthesiser. Kassen pointed out the importance of non correlated noise, this approach uses a single noise source and a S&H for each oscillator. The S&H is triggered by the oscillators own output. So long as the modulation amounts vary, correlation is avoided because each oscillator takes new random values from different points in time. This I think is analogous to a real VCO which has micro shifts in its reset point due to noise and inaccuracy in the comparator/reset circuit. The effect is best heard with the two oscillators tuned to exactly the same pitch, with the modulation applied, they phase nicely, just like analogue. Probably should point out that simply detuned oscillators sound pretty good to me as well.
The second experiment, also in slot A, is with the RndClk module. It seems that if you put more than one in a patch without connecting the seed or reset inputs, they auto random seed so that the patterns are different. In this instance, I have a pair which have the seed and reset inputs connected so that they will produce an identical sequence of values. They are then triggered by separate RndTrgs that are not synchronised so that as the triggers randomly increase and decrease, the notes move back and forward in relation to each other. The effect is exaggerated by an lfo/inverter which tilts the randomness by modulating the RndTrg probability inputs.

Beautiful day today, not so dark anymore. Sorry in advance for high sugar content.

Dorn-IS.prf2
 Description:
light noodle

Download
 Filename:  Dorn-IS.prf2
 Filesize:  8.76 KB
 Downloaded:  1835 Time(s)

mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 212
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This could easilly win this week's best patch of all time award. Laughing

This is almost ideal; a beautiful noodle that you can play along with in the keyboard. Magnificant sounds... Beautiful...

I'll be playing with EGW and Nikulydin in Boston this Thursday at the Lizzard Lounge. I'm going to play this at some point.

Splendid...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
cebec

Audio files: 3
G2 patch files: 31

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah! This patch sounds so moving and seems so malleable and liquid that I don't really mind the sugar high!
Really nice one!

drunken
ian-s

Audio files: 42
G2 patch files: 626

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mosc wrote:
I'll be playing with EGW and Nikulydin in Boston this Thursday at the Lizzard Lounge. I'm going to play this at some point.

I'm honoured Embarassed
mother misty

Audio files: 82
G2 patch files: 130

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sounds wonderfull!
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 212
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

We did play your patch in Boston, Ian. See this topic:

http://electro-music.com/forum/topic-4800.html

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » G2 Performances - Experimental
Jump to: