electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » electro-music.com
Sad news about Stefan / Antimon
Page 2 of 2 [42 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 212
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bill and I dedicated last night's program to the memory of Stefan. You can find the performance's recording here:

http://electro-music.com/forum/post-433000.html#433000

I think it would be nice if other's composed music in Stefan's memory, even if you didn't know him personally. Most of us never met him in person, but we still felt, and still feel, friendship and love for him.

Life is a beautiful thing, but it has dark times due to loss and disappointment. Sometimes for some of us making music helps us make it though.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
PHOBoS

Audio files: 705

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It was a very nice set howard Smile

here's a link to Tidal Waves which I streamed on friday as a tribute.
http://electro-music.com/forum/topic-69623.html

I do want to organize a live streaming event in memory of Stefan and will post more info about that later.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

PHOBoS wrote:

I do want to organize a live streaming event in memory of Stefan and will post more info about that later.

That’s great...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
klangumsetzer

Audio files: 32

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It is of great comfort to me to listen to your tributes to Stefan.

A friend of Stefan is organizing flowers for the funeral - in agreement with Stefan's parents - and I supported him on behalf of the electro-music.com community. I hope this was ok.

Eike

Last edited by klangumsetzer on Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
PHOBoS

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks eike, I can't speak for the whole community but it is definitely ok with me. Smile

I started a thread for a streaming event here.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cynosure
Site Admin

Audio files: 82

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks Eike. It is much appreciated by me, and I am sure others as well. It is nice that his family knows how much Stefan and his music was loved by many people around the world.
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thank you Eike, very much appreciated.
MusicMan11712

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

klangumsetzer wrote:
It is of great comfort to me to listen to your tributes to Stefan.

A friend of Stefan is organizing flowers for the funeral - in agreement with Stefan's parents - and I supported him on behalf of the electro-music.com community. I hope this was ok.

I saw the blurb you wrote on the Memorial page (one of the other sections where you had posted the funeral announcement here) a couple days ago mentioning the electro-music community. Thank you for doing that!!!!

Steve
PHOBoS

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I already posted it in The Garden thread but might as well post it here too, maybe it'll inspire someone.
In memory of Stefan I wanted to get a plant and ended up getting an unlabeled bulb. I added a flower
made out of copper wire with Stefan's logo/avatar at its center.

klangumsetzer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

very nice, PHOBoS. I wonder what flower is hidden in the bulb.

(I think Antimon has formed an alloy with your copper wire. Wink)

Eike
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks, Elke.

Phobos, that is a beautiful flower.

PHOBoS

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks Howard Smile

The bulb is starting to take of like a rocket.

after a revisit to the garden centre today I am now thinking it might be a tulip.

NoodleDriver

Audio files: 5

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

RIP Stefan. God bless you. You were a great person.
BobTheDog

G2 patch files: 15

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2023 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well a bit late here, I can't believe I missed this. A bit of a shock to say the least.

I looked back at my emails and realised the last time we spoke was in 2016, time flies.

Very sad, does anyone know how he died, always seemed very healthy to me.
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2023 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bob,

I know the feeling of the delayed shock and sadness. I once looked up a college friend and found out he passed may years previous. Just as devastating.

shanemorris
Stream Operator

Audio files: 92

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2023 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

BobTheDog wrote:

Very sad, does anyone know how he died, always seemed very healthy to me.

He died from a flu. He had been resting in his apartment for a few days but didn't come out of it.

klangumsetzer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2023 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I am sorry that you only found out now, Bob: I feel with you. Sad

I miss Stefan very much and think of him often.
It is comforting to see that his music is still available online and appreciated by many.

with kind regards
Eike

Eike
Page 2 of 2 [42 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » electro-music.com
Jump to: