electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software
Electronotes 39 Channels Filter bank
Post new topic   Reply to topic Moderators: jksuperstar, Scott Stites, Uncle Krunkus
Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
vladosh

Audio files: 46

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:25 am    Post subject: Electronotes 39 Channels Filter bank Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've been thinking if i should try to build this 39channels Filter Bank ,maybe with 24channels to start , but reading the paper ,and the schematics i wonder if it would work to have attenuators after the summing resistors as i don't want all the channels going on at once ? ,i know this might be silly question ,already drew a little PCB for 12 channels of it ,here's the schematic : http://electronotes.netfirms.com/EN115.PDF
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

39 channels Shocked

From my experience:

I've got some 11 and some 17 channel filter banks in my soft synth .. to have level controls on the channels is very useful to me and to be able to tune the frequencies is very useful when you want to do modal synthesis things with it (it can do some very nice bells with just like 5 or 6 filters, for instance) .. to be able to set individual Q factors is nice as well, but to some extent you can trade off Q and volume .. higher Q will make the resonance louder too (but also narrower).

vladosh

Audio files: 46

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

as i read the second part of the newsletter ,bernie says it's not practical to have that variation ,so i think maybe i'll make it as it is original ,with all channels on , on my pcb there are alternative outputs and summers so one can mix with vca's and similar ,it's 3 pcb's the whole thing ,one thing to do is to match the capacitors
Post new topic   Reply to topic Moderators: jksuperstar, Scott Stites, Uncle Krunkus
Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software
Jump to: