electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Online Music
electronic/rock music from a new member
Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
glassgrass678

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:26 pm    Post subject: electronic/rock music from a new member
Subject description: songs on YT
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi All; I'm new here, I've played guitar for a long time but recently have been making some electronic music with Ableton. While the songs are certainly electronic (100% created with software and no live instruments, or vocals), they're based on ideas that started on guitar and in some ways are closer to rock music. A friend of mine said the track "Bell Tower" sounds like Massive Attack meets U2.

Please check out, would very much appreciate any feedback, including/especially criticism. I'm planning to check out other songs posted here as able and provide feedback as I have it going forward, if there are any specific threads you want to point me to please feel free.

Thank you!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7hdmRzWLGXaG-DbvHTQ5Wg
Jimirockstar

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey! I know this is an old post but I've just stumbled on it now. I'm checking out your music on your YouTube channel right now and really enjoying it. Nice work!
I've recently released an electronic guitar-free album called 'No Axe To Grind' under my solo project We Have Divine Fire. I'm also primarily a guitarist so it was interesting to see your post and the similarities we have.
I know how difficult it is to get people to listen to the music you create so I wanted to connect to give you a boost. Keep at it!
glassgrass678

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey thanks a lot!

I looked up We Have Divine Fire on FB and gave a follow over there. You're "Black Morning" post caught my eye as I'm pretty into metal (hence the Pantera and Deftones covers haha), I'm liking that track a lot (the beat switch around 3:30 is awesome). It's a kind of thing I'd be interested in trying myself, I have a couple songs that are a bit on the heavier side but aren't really riff-driven the way this one is. well I did try to start one riff-driven song a while back, it was a disaster and I scrapped it haha. I did recently upgrade to the full version of Ableton recently though, maybe I'll give it another try with better tools and plugins.

Looking forward to checking out more! thanks again
Jimirockstar

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thank you so much for listening and for the praise. "Black Morning" was the last one I finished for the album and nearly didn't make it on because it's quite different from the rest of the tracks. I was a little worried that non-metal fans would hate it because it's too metal, and metal fans would hate it because there are no guitars so it's "pretend" metal! I'm still not sure which is true but I do like it a lot and have received great comments about it from a few people.
I went onto Spotify and found (and followed) you there. I really like your stuff and I see I'm not the only one. You've done really well to start to grow an audience and I hope you're proud of your achievements so far. I really enjoyed your cover of "Hurt".
Good luck with Ableton! I tried the Lite version that came with some hardware I bought years ago and didn't get on with it very well. My DAW of choice for the last few years has been Reaper which seems to meet all my needs.
Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Online Music
Jump to: